Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cassini-Huygens: Images from Titan

I remember hearing about the Cassini-Huygens mission, but then forgot about it.  But in the December issue of Sky & Telescope there is an article about Titan and the spacecraft that visted it.  I think that it is perhaps the coolest thing in the world (or outside it) when we send spacecraft and probes that can land on a new world and take images.  It just makes my yearning for knowledge about the universe that much stronger.  And I am simply astonished that in my lifetime I've been around to hear and see the discovery of exoplanets.  But we'll leave that for another time.




When I explored further I found the official sites for this mission, one of them at NASA's JPL and the other at ESA.  At ESA web site I found a really cool slideshow of the images taken by the Huyens probe as it decended to the planet surface.

I highly recommend checking out the slideshow of the images taken by the probe, and don't forget to visit the home sites.  It's really cool stuff.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: