Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Nature Blog Network

I really enjoy reading about nature and at times actually leaving the deep dark den in which I live to venture out to my back yard to photograph birds, trees and bugs.  Sometimes when I feel really adventurous I take the dogs and my binoculars to the park so the we can enjoy the beauty and the sun.



But when I cannot get out of the house, I like to read books about nature.  But today, rather than a book, I tootled about the academic section of a blog network and happened upon a site called "Teach Me About Bird Watching!!!".


Now this is kind of a novel idea.  Rather than profess expertise about some topic such as birding, the author of this blog invites others to send her information which she then posts.  But when I tootle, I don't stay long, so on this blog I found a link to another kind of blog network called the Nature Blog Network.  You can create an account and submit your nature blog listing under one of ten topics:
  1. Birds
  2. Ecosystem
  3. Flora
  4. Hiking & Outdoors
  5. Insects & Invertebrates 
  6. Mammals 
  7. Marine 
  8. Mollusks
  9. Mushrooms & Fungi
  10. Reptiles & Amphibians
I submitted this blog (Science and Nature), but because it's theme isn't concerned specifically with one of the listed topics, I don't think it will be accepted.  Which is fine because I enjoy writing about a lot of different things.

Anyway, check out The Nature Blog Network and if you have a nature blog, try submitting it.  If you're accepted your blog will be among the best.




Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post, I just found your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. I have subscribed to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!